Monday, April 1, 2013

It may be April Fools Day, but I'm not joking...

So lately I've been looking at military significant other's (milso's for short) instagrams and have been finding comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one dealing with a long distance relationship. Of course I knew I wasn't, but seeing other women going through the same thing helps me get by a little better each day. While looking at one, I found cute a cute key fob that one lady makes so I just HAD to buy it! Check it out:

The front says USAF...



...and the back has his last name!



Isn't it cute? It isn't much but it's just a little symbol to remind me of him (as if I'm not already wondering what he's doing 24/7). I got it on Etsy.com from a seller called 'mybraggbag'. From the day I ordered it to the day I got, it was only 4 days I think, including Easter! I was so happy/surprised, especially since it was a custom order.

Just so y'all know, all this didn't necessarily come out of the blue... a recent event made me realize what I had...

The other week, there was an accident here in Nevada that killed 7 Marines. When I heard about it my heart immediately hurt for the loved ones of the fallen. I can't even begin to imagine how they must feel. Sometimes I tell myself that my love and feelings for him are so strong that, in a way, they protect him from being harmed. Like there is no way he can be taken from me because it would cause too much hurt and pain on me. Unfortunately I know this isn't true, this accident is proof that life works in mysterious ways and we have no control over the outcome. I just hope with all my heart that my airman comes home safely. So please, hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight, knowing that they are safe with you! :)


No comments: