Saturday, December 8, 2012

DIY Decorating!

So lately I've become quite the Martha Stewart and I love it! I don't know whats in the air but all of a sudden, I've been getting the urge to be crafty! Here are two of my most recent creations, one is Christmas decor, the other is normal decor.



So these are Christmas stockings for myself and Shiner! I bought to stockings pre-made (obviously) but HAD to add our names some how so I decided to wrap wooden letters in twine and then hot glue them on! I absolutely love them! They go awesome with the old-timey, rustic ornaments I bought for my tree.


This isn't the absolute best picture, but it's my new decoration for above my bed! It says "always kiss me goodnight". I had been having a hard trying to think of what to put above my iron bed frame that wouldn't clash with the swirls. Last week when I went to a Habitat for Humanity ReStore I found this white cabinet door and thought it would be perfect. As it turns out, I was right! If y'all want a DIY post on how I traced these letters on there I would be more than happy to but you gotta ask! ;) PS-Sorry I didn't really make my bed...

Last but not least, I'm going to give y'all an update on my kitchen scenario I mentioned in a previous blog post. Here it is:



I added the floating shelf to help cover the microwave cord and to fill up that big open space. Right now there is the Christmas decorations on it because I decided that I would treat it as my nonexistent fireplace mantle. I think it turned out awesome and can't wait to buy things for every holiday! 


No comments: